Hot and Sour Cabbage
- 1 head (1 1/2 pounds) Napa cabbage
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- One 1-inch slice of fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Wash cabbage, remove and discard outer leaves. Thinly shred remaining cabbage. In a wok bring oil to smoking point over high heat. Add the ginger slice and stir fry 1 minute, discard ginger. Add cabbage and stir fry for 1 minute. Add chile paste, stock, soy sauce, vinegar, and sesame oil. Reduce the heat and cook, stirring occasionally for 8 minutes. Season with salt to taste. Serve topped with crushed pepper flakes and sesame seeds.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.