- 3 t-bone steaks, about 1 1/2-inches thick and 1 1/2 to 2 pounds each
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 6 ounces fresh arugula, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, or more to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 1/2 cup 1-inch wide strips Parmigiano-Reggiano, for garnish
- Grilled Radicchio, recipe follows
- Balsamic Cipollini Onions, recipe follows
Allow the steaks to come to room temperature, then rub each steak with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and season each steak with 2 teaspoons of the kosher salt and 1 teaspoon of the cracked black pepper.
Preheat a grill to medium-high. Grill the steaks, rotating each steak 90 degrees midway through cooking on each side, about 6 to 8 minutes per side for medium rare. Transfer the steaks to a platter to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
When ready to serve, slice the 2 sides of each steak away from the t-shaped bones and slice both portions of each steak into very thin slices against the grain of the meat. Divide the arugula evenly among 6 large dinner plates and divide the steak slices evenly among the top of the greens on each plate. Drizzle any accumulated meat juices over the top of the meat. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of the lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of the remaining olive oil over each plate. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of the sea salt over each plate and garnish with strips of Parmigiano-Reggiano, if desired. Serve immediately with the radicchio and onions.
- 3 to 4 heads radicchio di Treviso
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Preheat the grill to medium-high.
Cut the radicchio heads in half lengthwise and brush with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place radicchio on the grill, cut side down, and grill until lightly charred. Remove from heat and serve with steaks.