- 1 1/4 cups chocolate cookie crumbs (recommended: Oreo)
- 1 cup sugar, plus 4 tablespoons
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus 3 tablespoons
- 2 1/2 pounds cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, plus 1 cup melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, for topping
- 1 cup caramel, for topping
- 1 cup pecans, for topping
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Lightly grease the bottom and side of a 9-inch springform pan. In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, 4 tablespoons of sugar, and the melted butter and mix together well. Pour the crumbs into the bottom of the pan and press them out evenly. Once completed, set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, the rest of the sugar, and vanilla. Beat together until light and creamy. Add the flour and blend until smooth. With the first cup of chocolate chips, fold into filling. Pour in a melted cup of the chocolate chips and sour cream and mix well. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, mixing each at low speed. Pour the filling into prepared pan, bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until the center is almost set. Let cake cool for 10 minutes, then run a knife around the sides and remove rim of the pan. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
In a small saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons of butter and pour in chocolate chips. Mix together on medium-low heat. Once chocolate and butter is combined, pour warm mixture onto chilled cake. Refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes. In another small saucepan, pour in caramel and chopped pecans, bring to a boil. Let mixture boil for another 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Let mixture cool for 3 to 5 minutes, and pour onto cake. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.