Jerked Leg of Goat
- 1 (3 pound) leg of kid trimmed of fat and membranes
- 1 small yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 to 3 Scotch bonnet peppers, seeded, stemmed and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Place the goat in a large, re-sealable plastic bag.
In a blender or food processor, combine all the remaining ingredients and process to make a smooth paste. Pour into the bag with the goat, rubbing to coat evenly. Seal and refrigerate at least 6 hours, or overnight.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Remove the goat from the bag and place in a roasting pan to come to room temperature. Roast until medium-rare, and an instant-read thermometer registers 145 to 150 degrees F, 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes, turning once.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Braised Leg of Lamb with Caraway Basmati Rice, Garlic and Rosemary Goat Cheese Tart Served with Spring Greens and Black Olive Vinaigrette, Smoked Salmon and Goat Cheese Pizza Bites, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Chicken Breast Recipes, Easy Main Dish, Prime Rib Recipes, Burrito Recipes, Pork Loin Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.