Kalua Pork Chow Mein
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black and white sesame seeds
- Pinch ground 5-spice blend
- Pinch ground nori (ground seaweed)
- 3/4 teaspoon Hawaiian salt
- 1 1/2 pounds pork shoulder roast (Boston butt or picnic roast), at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 8 ounces fresh or dried Chinese egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced yellow onions
- 1/2 cup julienned boy choy
- 1/2 cup julienned carrots
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup mung bean sprouts
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a small bowl, combine the paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, sesame seeds, 5-spice, and nori.
Place the meat in a small roasting pan and rub on all sides with the seasoning blend and salt. Cover with aluminum foil and roast until the meat is tender and can be shredded with a fork, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
Remove from the oven and transfer the pork to a cutting board. Reserve any juices in the bottom of the pan. When the meat is cool enough to handle, shred with 2 forks and set aside.
In a small bowl, combine the pork roasting juices with the oyster sauce and set aside.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook until just al dente. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Drain well.
Heat a wok or large saute pan over high heat. When hot, add the oil and swirl to coat the sides and bottom of the wok. Add the green onions, ginger, and garlic and stir-fry until aromatic, about 30 seconds. Add the onions, bok choy, and carrots and stir-fry until tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the noodles, shredded pork, and pork-oyster sauce mixture, and cook, tossing to heat through, 30 to 45 seconds.
More Recipes and Ideas:
The King's Creole Fried Pork Chops with Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Caramelized Apples and Southern Cooked Greens, Grilled Pork Chops with Lemon Shallot Chutney, Lima Beans and Pork Chops, New York Strip Steak Recipes, Cabbage, Carrot Soup Recipes, Baked Ham Recipes, Roasted Turkey Recipes, Beef Stroganoff Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.