Kicked Up Ambrosia Salad Parfaits
- 1 pint fresh blackberries, rinsed and hulled
- 1 pint fresh raspberries, rinsed and hulled
- 1/2 pint fresh strawberries, rinsed and quartered
- 2 large bananas, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and cut into segments
- 2 cups medium diced fresh pineapple
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons chiffonade fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut flakes, toasted
In a large bowl, combine all the fruit. Add the lemon juice, mint and sugar. Mix well and set aside. In a cold bowl of an electric mixer, combine the cream, sugar and vanilla. Using an electric mixer fitted with a whip attachment or hand-held mixer, whip the cream until soft peaks form. To assemble, spoon some of the fruit mixture in the bottom of each parfait or martini glass. Sprinkle some of the coconut over the fruit. Spoon some of the whipped cream over the coconut. Continue layering until all of the ingredients are used. Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.