Kicked Up Bloody Mary Oyster Shooters
- 2 3/4 cups tomato juice
- 4 ounces pepper vodka
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated horseradish, or prepared horseradish, drained
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Pinch salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 2 dozen small-sized shucked oysters
In a container, combine all the ingredients except the oysters. Pour into an 8-inch metal baking dish and freeze until ice crystals start to form around the sides, about 30 minutes. Stir with a fork, return to the freezer, and continue to stir with a fork every 45 minutes until uniform ice crystals have formed, about 3 hours.
To serve, spoon 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons of the frozen bloody mary mixture into the bottom of 6 tall shot glasses and top with an oyster. Top with frozen bloody mary and continue layering for a total of 3 layers of both oysters and bloody mary in each glass.
Serve immediately with cocktail forks.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, 2003