Kicked Up Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch grated nutmeg
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats (not instant or old-fashioned)
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 2 large baking sheets and set aside.
Place the raisins in a medium bowl and cover with boiling water. Let sit until plump and moist, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain well.
In a large bowl, with an electric mixer cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and eggs, and beat to combine.
Into a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir into the butter mixture, and add the buttermilk, stirring to mix. Fold in the oatmeal, raisins, nuts, and chips, blending well.
Drop the dough onto the baking sheets by rounded tablespoons, spacing them 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
Let cool on the sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool.