Kicked Up Salsa with Corn
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels or thawed frozen (2 medium ears)
- 2 cups peeled, seeded and diced tomatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 tablespoon red or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
In a small dry skillet heated over medium-high heat, cook the corn kernels until slightly caramelized and fragrant, 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Transfer to a bowl and let cool.
Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and stir to combine. Adjust the seasoning, to taste, and serve with chips, or as an accompaniment to grilled chicken or fish.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.