Korean Green Onion and Shrimp Pancakes
- For the sauce:
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons lightly toasted sesame seeds
- For the pancakes:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 pound finely chopped shrimp
- 3 ounces green onions, trimmed, quartered lengthwise, and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 small zucchini, cut into fine julienne
- 1 small carrot, cut into fine julienne
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Chives, for garnish, optional
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and, when hot, coat with 2 teaspoons of the vegetable oil. Add 1/4 of the pancake batter and use a spoon to spread into a 6 to 8-inch circle, trying to get the filling ingredients as evenly spread out as possible. Cook until the pancake about 4 minutes. Once the pancake has begun to set and is golden brown on the bottom, flip the pancake to the other side, pressing with a spatula to compress ingredients. Cook until golden brown on the second side, about 2 minutes longer, transfer to a warm plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm while you prepare the remaining pancakes.
Once all of the pancakes have been cooked, cut into wedges and serve warm, sprinkled with the chives and with the dipping sauce in small bowls for dipping.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.