- 1/3 pound fresh green beans, ends trimmed, blanched in boiling salted water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Pinch salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
Drain green beans well and pat dry.
Heat the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly to keep from burning. Add the pine nuts and cook, stirring, for an additional minute. Add the green beans and toss to coat evenly. Cook just enough to warm through, about 1 minute. Add the lemon juice, salt, and pepper and toss to combine. Remove from the heat and serve immediately.