- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 quarts chicken stock
- 2 cups brown lentils
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 pound red skin potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped lemon zest
- 12 ounces spinach leaves, picked and cleaned
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped mint
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
In a large pot heat oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, cook, stirring for 30 seconds. Add the chicken stock, lentils, and tomatoes, and then bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the potatoes, cook uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the lemon juice, zest, and spinach. Simmer for 2 minutes or until the spinach wilts. Fold in the mint and parsley. Adjust the seasonings. Serve with crumbled feta.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.