Little Neck Clams on the Half Shell with Champagne-Caviar Mignonette
- 24 fresh little neck clams, shucked and on the half shell
- 4 cups finely crushed ice
- 1/4 cup plus 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons finely crushed white pepper
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1/4 ounce caviar
Put 1 cup of ice in each of 4 large, shallow, rimmed soup bowls, or small, decorative trays and press down gently to make a level bed. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the kosher salt over each bowl of ice. Place 6 clams in their shells on each bed.
Spoon an equal amount of the sauce over each, or place in small decorative ramekins and serve on the side.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, 2005