Lobster "Cannolis" with Lemon Gastrique
- 8 won ton skins
- Oil, for frying
- 6 ounces mascarpone
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pound lobster, cooked until tender, tail and claw meat chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped tarragon leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
- Lemon Gastrique, recipe follows
Preheat the fryer or a large pot halfway filled with oil to 360 degrees F.
Diagonally wrap a wonton wrapper around a cannoli mold. Lightly brush the ends with water and press to seal. Immerse in the oil and fry until golden brown, about 1 minute. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Season with salt. When cool enough to handle, gently twist the cannoli mold and remove. Set aside while you make the filling.
In a large bowl, add the mascarpone, 1 tablespoon butter, the lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and slowly heat. Stir until well blended. Gently fold in the lobster meat and herbs.Lemon Gastrique:
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1 cup sugar
1 cup Champagne vinegar
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the sugar dissolves and reduces to a thick syrup, about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and place in a heatproof bowl so the mixture stops cooking.