Lobster Mousse Puff Pastry Bouchees
- 3/4 pound lobster tail meat, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup chilled heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon minced tarragon
- 4 small puff pastry shells
- 1 egg with 1 tablespoon water to make egg wash
- 1 ounce Sevruga caviar, optional
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Place the pastry shells on a lightly greased baking sheet, brush the tops with the egg wash, being careful not to let the wash drip down the sides, and bake in the middle of the preheated oven until they are just beginning to color, about 7 minutes. Transfer the shells to a rack and let them cool completely.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, 2000