- 4 hot dog buns
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup homemade or good quality mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white truffle oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chervil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- 1 pound freshly cooked lobster tail and claw meat, cubed
- Potato Chips, garnish
Preheat the grill or broiler.
Using a pastry brush, spread the inside and outside of each bun with melted butter. Grill quickly to warm through (alternately, place on a baking sheet and run under the broiler). Remove.
In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, truffle oil, lemon juice, and salt, and mix well. Fold in the celery, shallots, chervil, parsley, and chives. Fold in the lobster meat. Place 1 bun on each plate and divide the lobster salad among each. Serve immediately with potato chips.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, 2002