Lump Crabmeat Beggar's Purses with Black Truffle Vinaigrette and Microgreens
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat, picked over, cartilage and shell removed
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoons lemon juice or to taste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced green onions
- 1 teaspoon minced parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 recipe Basic Crepes, as follows, or 6 store-bought crepes
- 6 blanched chives
- Black Truffle Vinaigrette, as follows
- 2 cups microgreens, mache, or baby lettuces
- Basic Crepes:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 6 teaspoons melted unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons whole milk
- Pinch salt
- Black Truffle Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons truffle oil
- 1 tablespoon black truffle shavings, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a medium bowl, gently mix together all of the ingredients.
Spread the crepes on a flat work surface and place 1 heaping tablespoon of the crabmeat salad in the center of each. Draw up the crepes as though making a bundle, twisting the crepe gently to enclose the crabmeat. Tie a chive around the top of the bundle to seal the purse.
Toss the microgreens with the Black Truffle Vinaigrette and serve with the Crabmeat Beggar's Purses.
Yield: 6 Beggar's PursesBasic Crepes:
Whisk together the flour, eggs, 4 1/2 teaspoons of butter, and milk to form a smooth, thin batter. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before proceeding.
Heat a heavy 6-inch skillet or crepe pan over medium-high heat. When hot, brush lightly with a light coating of the remaining butter. Ladle about 1/4 cup of crepe batter into the pan, tilting the skillet to evenly coat the pan with batter. Cook until golden brown on the bottom and the top begins to look dry, 1 to 2 minutes. Using a spatula, carefully turn the crepe and cook on the second side just until the bottom colors slightly, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter.Black Truffle Vinaigrette:
Place all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk well to combine. Set aside as you prepare the beggar's purses.
Yield: 3/4 cup
Thank you! your flag was submitted.