Make Your Own Baked Potatoes with Special Sauce
- 4 large baking potatoes, like russets, scrubbed (2 1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Special Sauce:
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon Baby Bam, recipe follows
- Optional Kicked Up Toppings:
- Grated cheddar
- Crumbled crispy bacon
- Chopped ham
- Steamed chopped broccoli
- Baby Bam Seasoning:
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- Here's something to season your foods, like the grown-ups do with Emeril's Original Essence. Add another dimension by sprinkling it into everything, from soups and sauces to pizza and hamburger patties. You fearless bammers out there can kick this up a notch by adding cayenne, to taste. (I'd start with about 1/4 teaspoon, and then take it from there.)
DirectionsOptional Kicked Up Toppings:
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and make sure the oven rack is in the center position.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place the potatoes on the baking sheet. Rub with the oil, and season with the salt and pepper on all sides.
Bake until fork-tender, about 1 hour.
To make the Special Sauce, in a small bowl combine all the ingredients and stir well to blend.
Remove potatoes from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Using oven mitts or potholders, carefully transfer the hot potatoes to a plate and serve with the Special Sauce. Serve optional toppings, as desired.Baby Bam Seasoning:
Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir well to combine with a wooden spoon.
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Yield: about 3/4 cup