- 2 1/2 pounds firm-ripe mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 red Thai chile, seeded and sliced
- 1 (2-inch) piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup currants
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil over medium high-heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until chutney has reached a thick jam consistency, usually 25 to 30 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent scorching. Once the chutney has reached the desired consistency, remove from the heat and set aside to cool. Chutney will keep in an airtight nonreactive container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.