Melon Soup with Prosciutto Breadsticks
- 1 cantaloupe melon, about 3 pounds, inner flesh cut into 1-inch pieces (about 5 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons Midori liqueur, or Absolut mandarin vodka
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons super fine sugar
- 1 cup honeydew balls
- 4 breadsticks
- 8 thin slices prosciutto, Serrano, or other mild ham
- 2 tablespoons crème fraiche, for garnish
In a bowl, toss the honeydew balls with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon liqueur and let macerate in the refrigerator.
Cut each breadstick in half crosswise and wrap each piece with a slice of ham.
To serve, ladle the soup into 4 shallow bowls. Swirl 1 1/2 teaspoons of the crème fraiche into the center of each serving and arrange a portion of cantaloupe decoratively in each bowl. Arrange 2 breadsticks on the rim of each bowl, and serve.
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2004