Mesclun Greens with Creamy Garlic Dressing and Roasted Garlic Crouton with Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese
- 2 cups mesclun greens
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese
- Creamy Garlic Dressing:
- 1/2 cup prepared or homemade mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup roasted garlic paste
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- Roasted Garlic Croutons:
- 3 tablespoons roasted garlic
- 1 slice of French bread, trimmed, (2 by 4 inches)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. For the dressing: Combine all the ingredients together and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
For croutons: Slice the bread on an angle, resulting in two long triangles. Place on a sheet tray and season with olive oil, salt and pepper, seasoning both sides. Bake until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and cool. Mound the garlic paste on the entire crouton, spreading evenly. To assemble, toss the greens with the dressing, using just enough to lightly coat and flavor the greens. Mound in the center of the plate. Place the croutons right on top of the greens. Sprinkle with the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Garnish the plate with a couple turns of black pepper.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.