- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons chipotle powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Olive oil
- 3 smoked jalapenos, halved and seeds removed
- 4 chorizo links, sliced
- 1/2 cup Cactus Salsa, recipe follows
- 1/4 cup Pico de Gallo, recipe follows
- 20 littleneck clams
- 1 roasted poblano, cleaned, seeds removed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 recipe White Beans, recipe follows
Place the chicken breasts in a large bowl and season on both sides with the chipotle powder, salt, to taste, and lime juice. In a large saute pan or paella pan over medium-high heat, add about 3 tablespoons olive oil. Once heated, add the seasoned chicken and sear on both sides until golden brown. Add the jalapenos and chorizo and cook for about 6 minutes. Flip the chicken again and add the Catcus Salsa and Pico De Gallo and cook for another 6 minutes. Next add the clams, roasted poblanos and tequila. Cover pan with a lid and cook until the chicken is cooked through and the clams are opened. Serve over the White Beans.
- 1 pound dried white beans
- 1 link chorizo, cut in 1/2
- 1 ancho chile
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon blanco tequila
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
If you have a pressure cooker, place all the ingredients into the pressure cooker and cover with water. Cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove and season with salt and pepper, if needed.
Otherwise, cover the white beans with water by about 2-inches in a large bowl and allow to soak at least overnight. Drain the beans, place into a medium saucepan with the remaining ingredients, and cover again with water by about 2-inches and simmer for 3 hours or until tender.
Yield: about 6 to 8 servings