Mile-High Nachos with Homemade Salsa
- 1 large bag tortilla chips
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 pound pulled pork, shredded cooked beef, or shredded cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups grated Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated Cheddar
- 3 jalapenos, thinly sliced or minced
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced (both green and white parts)
- Guacamole, to taste
- 8 ounces sour cream
- Emeril's Southwest Essence, to taste
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 quart Homemade Salsa, recipe follows
- Homemade Salsa:
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1/2 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 jalepeno, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
On a large, oven-proof platter, spread 1 layer of chips. Top the chips with 1/3 of the refried beans, 1/3 of the pulled pork and 1/3 of the cheeses, 1/3 of the jalapenos and 1/3 of the green onions. Add another layer of chips and repeat the process two more times. Bake in the oven until the cheese melts and the nachos are warmed through, 5 to 8 minutes. Garnish the nachos with dollops of guacamole, sour cream, Essence and cilantro.
Serve immediately with the Homemade Salsa.Homemade Salsa:
Combine all ingredients, and refrigerate for at least half an hour before serving.
Yield: 1 quart
Thank you! your flag was submitted.