MIXED GRILL WITH A WARM POTATO AND CHORIZO SALAD
- 1/4 pound venison sausage
- 1/4 pound bratwurst
- 1/4 pound luganeghe sausage
- 1/4 pound merguez sausage
- 1/4 pound Italian sausage
- 1/4 pound kiebasa sausage
- Olive oil
- 1/4 pound chorizo sausage, finely chopped
- 2 cups julienned onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons Creole mustard or whole grain mustard
- 2 pounds new potatoes, sliced 1/2-inch thick, blanched
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Salt and black pepper
Preheat the grill. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Blanch the sausages (except for the kiebasa and chorizo) for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the sausages are plump. Remove the sausages from the water and place on a 1/2 sheet pan. Brush the sausages, including the kiebasa, with olive oil. Place the sausages on the grill. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. In a large saute pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. When the oil is hot, render the chorizo for 3 minutes. Add the onions and continue the saute for 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the garlic and mustard. Add the potatoes and saute for 3 minutes or until the potatoes are heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the parsley. To serve, mound the potato salad in the center of the platter. Arrange the grilled sausages around the potato salad. Serve with crusty bread and a side of Creole mustard.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.