- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups sliced red onion
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 3/4 cup diced carrot
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup tasso
- 1 1/2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups sliced portabella mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup red wine, divided
- 1 quart beef stock
- 1 1/2 pounds pappardelle
- 2 (1 1/4-pound) cooked lobsters
- 1/4 cup chopped basil leaves
In a heavy pot over medium high heat, add olive oil. Add onion, celery, and carrot and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook for 3 minutes. Add tasso and saute for 1 minute. Add all mushrooms and cook until all the liquid is rendered out. Add all the chopped herbs to the pot. Stir in tomato paste and cook for 1 minute. Deglaze with 1/2 cup of red wine and reduce by half. Add beef stock and the rest of the red wine. Simmer for 20 minutes and reduce until thickened.
In a pasta pot, add pappardelle to salted, boiling water. Cook about 12 minutes or until al dente. Toss into the mushroom mixture.
Remove the meat from the lobster shells and chop into large pieces.
Add lobster meat to the pasta and ragu sauce. Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with chopped basil.