- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio or carnaroli rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions, green tops only
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked white pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/2 cup shredded or torn, well washed nasturtium flowers
- 1/4 cup torn fresh chervil leaves
- Sliced chives, for garnish
In a small saucepan, bring the stock to a simmer. Remove from the heat and cover to keep warm.
In a large heavy saucepan, heat the olive oil and the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the rice and cook, stirring constantly, until opaque, 2 minutes. Add the wine and cook, stirring until the rice nearly completely absorbs all the liquid, about 1 minute.
Reduce the heat to medium, add 1 cup of the hot stock, and cook, stirring constantly. Cook the risotto, adding more stock 1/2 cup at a time as it is absorbed, about 20 minutes total cooking time. Stir in the green onions after 15 minutes cooking time. Season the risotto with 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper. The rice should be slightly al dente.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.