New Orleans Goat Cheesecake
- Softened butter, to coat springform pan
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 pounds cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream, in all
- 12 ounces (1 1/2 cups) soft goat cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. In a bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until thoroughly blended, and press the mixture into the bottom of the springform pan. In a mixer beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy, about 5 minutes. Beat in 1 cup of the sour cream, goat cheese, eggs, and sugar, continue beating for 4 minutes. Add vanilla and lime juice and beat until incorporated. Pour the filling over the crust in the .springform pan and bake until brown and springy-firm, about 1 1/2 hours. Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature. Remove from the pan. In a small bowl combine the remaining sour cream with the honey, and mix until smooth. Spread on top of the cooled cake.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.