New Orleans-style Crabmeat Salad
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cored and cubed
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped pimiento-stuffed green olives (about 8 large)
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, crabmeat, onions, celery, olives, green onions, and parsley. In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper, and whisk to blend. Pour over the crabmeat mixture. Toss gently to coat, being careful to not to break up the crabmeat lumps. Adjust seasoning, to taste.
Refrigerate until well chilled and the crabmeat is marinated, at least 2 hours. Serve.
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2002