New York Strip with Beurre Maitre d'Hotel
- 1 (4-pound) boneless beef New York strip roast (top loin), fat trimmed
- Essence, recipe follows
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Beurre Maitre d'Hotel, recipe follows
- Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Beurre Maitre d'Hotel:
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat a grill or the oven to 450 degrees F.
Sprinkle the meat with Essence, salt, and pepper, on both sides. Place on the hot grill and cook to desired doneness, turning once, about 1 hour 30 minutes for medium rare. An instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of meat registers 130 degrees F for medium-rare, or 140 degrees F for medium. (Alternately, roast on a rack set on a baking sheet for 15 minutes in a 450 degree F oven. Lower the temperature to 350 degrees F and continue to cook for about 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes for medium-rare.)
Remove from oven; let stand 20 minutes. Cut crosswise into 1/3-inch-thick slices. Arrange slices on platter and top with pats of the Beurre Maitre d'Hotel.Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.
Yield: about 2/3 cup
Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch. Published by William and Morrow, 1993.Beurre Maitre d'Hotel:
Place the butter in a medium bowl and cream with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Place on a large sheet of plastic wrap and form into a cylinder, about 1 1/2-inches in diameter. Roll up in the plastic wrap, pushing in as you go, to form a tight log. Refrigerate or freeze until needed.
To use, unwrap, cut 1/2-inch slices, and serve on top of the New York Strip.
Yield: 1/2 pound
Thank you! your flag was submitted.