North African Lamb Kebabs
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds boneless leg or shoulder of lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes with some of the fat attached
- 6 warm pita breads, for serving
- Yogurt Dipping Sauce, recipe follows
- Yogurt Dipping Sauce:
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
In a large bowl, combine the onion, lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, cilantro, mint, salt, cumin, paprika, pepper, and olive oil. Add the lamb to the marinade and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
Soak 8 to 10 bamboo skewers in warm water for about 1 hour before assembling the kabobs.
Preheat the grill to high, and lightly oil the grill grates to prevent sticking. Thread the lamb onto the soaked skewers and place on the grill, turning to evenly cook, about 12 to 14 minutes.Yogurt Dipping Sauce:
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.