- 3 cups Brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup walnut oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Trim any damaged leaves off the Brussels sprouts and trim the stem ends. Cut an X in the bottom of each sprout, then steam the sprouts in a vegetable steamer until crisp-tender.
In a medium mixing bowl combine the vinegar, maple syrup, shallots and mustard and whisk together. Let sit for 5 minutes. Whisk in the oil in a slow, steady stream until emulsified. Add salt and pepper, to taste.