- 1 pound green beans
- 5 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 (2 1/4-ounce) package sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Trim the green beans by snapping the ends off. Place the water and 1 teaspoon of the salt in a medium, heavy 3 1/2 quart saucepan and bring to a boil. Carefully add the beans and return to a boil. Cook, uncovered, until tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
Melt the butter in the same saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the almonds, Worcestershire sauce, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and the pepper. Cook, stirring, until the almonds are toasted, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the drained green beans to the pan and cook, stirring, until well coated with sauce and warmed through, about 1 minute.
Using an oven mitt or pot holder, remove from the heat and serve.