- 1 cup black olives, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped rosemary
- 1 pound white bread dough, proofed once
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 4 tablespoons sundried tomato paste
- 2 4 -ounce pieces beef tenderloin, cooked, cooled and sliced
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl combine olives, shallots, garlic and rosemary. On a floured surface press out dough to a rectangle, 3/4-inch thick. Sprinkle olive mixture onto surface of dough. Fold sides in to hold mixture. Beginning with end nearest you, roll dough up tightly. Transfer carefully to a cornmeal-dusted baking sheet. Cover and set aside in a warm place until it doubles in size, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Bake until bread is deep golden brown and an instant-reading thermometer inserted in bread registers 190 degrees. Let cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
For each sandwich, spread 2 bread slices with sundried tomato paste, top with beef slices and sprinkle with feta. Serve garnished with some whole olives.