- 3/4 pound pitted black olives, such as Kalamata, Nicoise, or Gaeta
- 3 to 4 ounces capers, drained and rinsed
- 2 anchovy fillets, drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 bay leaf, finely chopped
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cognac or brandy
- 1/2 cup good quality extra-virgin olive oil
Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to combine well, then allow to process until mixture is coarsely pureed. Taste for seasoning, then serve as a dip alongside crusty bread with goat cheese, grilled vegetables or chicken, or tossed with cooked pasta and fresh herbs.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.