- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups yellow onions, julienned
- 2 cups red onions, julienned
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Four croutons from the Sweet Onion Bread, if desired
- 1/4 cup Creole Mustard
- 6 cornichons
In a saute pan, heat the olive oil. When the oil is hot, saute the onions for about 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne. Add the sugar and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the vinegar and parsley and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and cool. Place on a platter, and serve the sliced ballotine with the croutons, mustard, and cornichons.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.