Orange Tart with Orange Glaze and Candied Oranges
- 1 blind-baked 10-inch tart shell
- Zest of 2 Seville oranges
- Juice of 2 Seville oranges
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 12 candied orange slices
- For the sauce:
- 2 cups fresh Seville orange juice
- Zest of one Seville orange
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch plus 1 tablespoon water to form a slurry
- Whipped cream in a pastry bag with star tip (flavor the cream with an orange simple syrup)
- Fresh mint sprigs
- Powdered sugar in shaker
Preheat the oven 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, whisk the orange zest, orange juice, and sugar together, to dissolve the sugar. Whisk in the beaten egg yolks and cream. Pour the custard into the prepared shell. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the custard is set, in a water bath. Remove from the oven and chill. For the sauce, in a sauce pan, bring 2 cups orange juice, zest of one orange, and sugar up to a boil. Whisk the cornstarch slurry into the liquid. Reduce the heat and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the sauce has thicken. If the sauce is too thick, add a little water.
Place a slice of the tart in the center of the plate. Drizzle the sauce over the tart. Garnish with the whipped cream, candied orange slices and mint.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.