- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 ounces thick sliced bacon, cooked crisp, drained and crumbled
- 6 (6-ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves, trimmed
- 6 ounces Roquefort cheese
- 1 teaspoon Essence, recipe follows
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed cornflakes (about 4 1/2 cups uncrushed cereal)
- 2/3 cup finely chopped pecans
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cover a small baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly oil the foil with the olive oil. Set aside.
Working on a flat work surface, cut a deep pocket into the middle of each chicken breast half, cutting into 1 side and leaving a 1/2-inch margin all around the remaining edges. Divide the cheese and crumbled bacon evenly among the cavities in the chicken breast halves. Season the chicken evenly on both sides with the Essence, salt, and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the honey, mustard, and cayenne and stir well. In a shallow dish combine the cornflakes and pecans and stir well. Brush both sides of each piece of chicken with the honey mixture, then dredge in the cornflake mixture. Place the chicken breasts on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and juices run clear when pierced with a sharp knife. Serve immediately.
Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Combine all ingredients thoroughly.