Oyster and Spinach Stuffed Turkey Roll with a Garlic and Wine Sauce
- 1/2 fresh uncooked turkey breast, with skin (about 4 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons Essence, recipe follows
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces chopped andouille sausage, casings removed (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green peppers
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3 cups cornbread crumbs
- 2 dozen oysters, shucked and cleaned
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 8 leaves of spinach, blanched
- 5 lengths butcher's twine
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes
- Long chives
- Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Place the turkey breast, skin side down, on a flat surface. Butterfly by making a series of small cuts vertically in the meat, without cutting all the way through. Place a sheet of plastic wrap over the turkey meat and pound it with a mallet until very thin and flat. Remove the plastic wrap and sprinkle the meat with 1 tablespoon Essence.
Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the andouille, onions, celery, and bell peppers and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the garlic, parsley, and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the Worcestershire, hot sauce, salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon Essence and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the stock and fold in the bread crumbs and oysters and cook for 1 minute. Fold in the green onions and remove from heat.
Spread the spinach over the turkey, top with the stuffing and roll up, tucking in the ends. Lay 4 pieces of twine under the roll crosswise and tie. Slide the last piece under lengthwise and tie. Sprinkle the skin with the remaining 1 tablespoon of Essence and oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the roll on a baking sheet and roast until cooked, but tender, about 1 hour, basting occasionally. Remove from oven and allow to rest. Cut into 16 slices.Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
Yield: 2/3 cup
More Recipes and Ideas:
Baked Spinach Butter Oysters, Smoked Oyster Dressing Stuffed Pork Chops with Andouille Hollandaise and Smothered Greens, Eggplant and Oyster Stuffed Peppers with a Creole Sauce, Easy Breakfast, Easy Pasta, Easy Lunch, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Enchilada Recipes, Deep-Frying
Thank you! your flag was submitted.