Pan-Crispy Snapper with a Fresh Fava Bean and Mushroom Ragout
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow onions
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound assorted exotic mushrooms, cleaned, stemmed, and thinly sliced
- 1 cup of fresh fava beans, shelled and blanched
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 cups veal reduction
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 (4 to 6-ounce) red snapper fillets
- 2 cups of fresh pea shoots
In a large saute pan, over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add the onions. Season with salt and pepper. Saute for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and fava beans. Season with salt and pepper and continue to saute for 2 minutes. Stir in the garlic and veal reduction. Bring the liquid to a simmer. Continue to simmer for 4 minutes. Stir in the parsley and butter. Reduce the heat to low and keep warm. In another large saute pan, over medium heat, heat the remaining cup of oil. Season both sides of the fillets with salt and pepper. When the oil is hot, pan-fry the fillets for 4 to 6 minutes on each side, or until crispy. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels. In a small bowl, toss the pea shoots with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper. To serve, Spoon the mushroom mixture into the center of each plate, lay the fillets over the sauce. Pile the pea shoots in the center of the fish and garnish with parsley.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Stuffed Snapper Veracruz, Capocollo and Citrus Crusted Snapper with a Lemon Butter Sauce, John's Citrus Fish, Savoy Cabbage and Couscous with Peas and Chives, Easy Main Dish, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Fish Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Roasted Chicken Recipes, Portobello Mushroom Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.