- 2 cups olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 French baguette cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons chiffonade of basil
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra virgin oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 small red onion, julienned
- 4 Roma tomatoes, seeds removed and julienned
- 1/2 pound Mozzarella Cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound salami, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 head of radicchio, julienned
In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil and garlic cloves. When the oil is hot, add the bread cubes and fry until golden and crispy, about 3 minutes, stirring often to prevent the bread from sticking together. Remove the bread from pan and drain on a paper-lined plate. Season with salt and pepper In a mixing bowl, toss the remaining ingredients together and season with salt and pepper. Season the radicchio with olive oil, salt and pepper. Cover the base of the platter with the radicchio. To assemble, toss the fried bread with the other ingredients and mound on a platter. Can be made ahead of time, by keeping the bread separate until serving.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.