- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar, to taste
- 2 1/2 cups passion fruit juice
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup papaya, small dice, for garnish
- 1/2 cup mango, small dice, for garnish
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
- 1 splash coconut rum, optional
Combine the sugar, passion fruit juice, and lime juice, stirring until sugar is completely dissolved. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled. Process in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's directions. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze until ready to serve.