- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 to 2 medium trout fillets
- Egg substitute (recommended: Egg Beaters)
- Plain fine bread crumbs
- 6 to 8 medium raw shrimp, deveined and butterflied
- Grilling seasoning
- Chopped shallots, for garnish
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- 1 slice lemon, for garnish
- Seasoned New Potatoes, recipe follows
Melt 3 tablespoons of butter or margarine in skillet and set over medium heat. Dip trout in egg substitute, then lightly bread fish with bread crumbs. In the heated skillet, cook the fish on each side for approximately 3 to 5 minutes.
In a separate skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter and set on medium heat. Place shrimp in skillet and sprinkle the grilling seasoning on top. Cook on 1 side and then turn shrimp over and sprinkle more grilling seasoning. Cook until shrimp turn pink.
Seasoned New Potatoes:
1 to 2 red or Yukon gold potatoes (depending on size)
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
Wash the potatoes and then boil in a pot of water until fork-tender. Drain and set aside until cool enough to handle.
Melt butter or margarine in a skillet over medium heat. Cut the potatoes into 1-inch cubes and coat the potatoes with the butter or margarine. Sprinkle the grilling seasoning on potatoes and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Place the new potatoes on the side of the fish and shrimp of Paul's Fantasy.
Recipe courtesy of John Uglesich, from "Uglesich's Restaurant Cookbook", Pelican, 2004