- 12 to 16 prepared canolli shells
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese, drained
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto, other almond flavored liqueur or brandy
- 1 cup peeled, seeded, and finely chopped fresh peaches
- 1/4 cup chopped, toasted almonds
- 1/2 cup melted white chocolate
Place the canolli shells on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
In a bowl, beat the cream with an electric mixer at medium speed until it becomes frothy. Add 1 tablespoon of the sugar and continue beating until the cream holds soft peaks. Do not over beat.
In a bowl, cream together the ricotta, remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, and the Amaretto. Fold in the whipped cream, peaches and almonds. Using a pastry bag without a tip or a long-handled iced teaspoon, fill the canolli shells with the ricotta mixture. Dip the ends of the shells in the warm white chocolate and place on the parchment paper. Refrigerate until the chocolate and filling are set, then serve.