Pear, Walnut and Blue Cheese Crumble
- 6 large pears, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Ruby Port
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
In a bowl, toss the pear slices with the lemon juice. Add 1 tablespoon flour, the sugar, and port, and toss to combine. Arrange in the prepared dish. In a bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 cup flour, finely chopped walnuts, brown sugar and salt. Add the butter, working in with your fingertips until it resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over the pear mixture. Bake until the pears are tender, the juices bubble, and the crust is golden, 40 to 45 minutes.
Remove from the oven and sprinkle the cheese over the top. Cook until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, 2002