- 2 honey tangerines, peeled with pith removed
- 2 tablespoons fresh tangerine juice
- 2 teaspoons Champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated tangerine peel
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound peeky toe crabmeat, or lump crabmeat, picked over for cartilage and shells
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chervil
- 1 (14-ounce) jar hearts of palm, drained and cut on the bias into 3/4-inch pieces
- 6 cups mache or baby spinach, rinsed and spun dry
- Edible flowers, such as nasturtium, garnish
Over a bowl, segment the tangerines, catching any juice for the vinaigrette. Place the segments in a medium bowl. In a small bowl, combine the tangerine juice, Champagne vinegar, lemon juice, and peel. Whisking, add the oil in a steady stream until emulsified. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
In a medium bowl, combine the crabmeat, chives, and chervil. Add enough vinaigrette to lightly coat and toss gently. Add the hearts of palm to the bowl with the tangerine segments. Add enough vinaigrette to lightly coat and toss well.
Divide the mache among 4 plates. Place the crabmeat in the center of each plate and arrange the hearts of palm and tangerine segments around the edges. Garnish with the flowers and lightly drizzle the greens with the vinaigrette. Serve immediately.