Peekytoe Crab Hearts of Palm Salad
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 hearts of palm, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1/2 cup shallots, diced
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 bunches fresh watercress
- 1 cup lump crabmeat, for garnish
- 4 radishes, sliced, for garnish
In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper, to taste. Add the hearts of palm and allow to marinate while preparing the vinaigrette.
To make the vinaigrette, combine the shallots, Dijon mustard, and sherry vinegar. Whisk in the olive oil. Use this to dress the watercress and the hearts of palm. Garnish with crabmeat and radishes.
Contains Shellfish: Consumption of raw or undercooked shellfish may substantially increase the risk of foodborne illness.