Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich
- 2 fresh Italian sandwich rolls or Kaiser buns, split in half crosswise
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound rib-eye steak, very very thinly shaved or sliced
- 1/3 pound thinly sliced white American cheese, or Provolone cheese OR 4 ounces melted cheese whiz
- Ketchup, optional topping
- Italian pickled peppers, accompaniment
Heat a cast-iron skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. When hot add the oil, onions and bell peppers, and cook, stirring, until caramelized, about 6 minutes. Add the garlic, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Push off to 1 side of the griddle.
Add the meat to the hot pan and cook, stirring and breaking up with the back of 2 metal spatulas, until almost no longer pink, about 2 minutes. Mix in the Sauteed vegetables. Top with cheese slices and melt. Spoon the cheesy meat mixture into the warm buns and serve immediately with condiments of choice or Put the meat in the bun and dip the spatula in the cheese whiz and then wipe the spatula down the inside of the bread.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Parisian Steak and Cheese Croissant Sandwiches, Philly Cheese Steak with Maui Onion and Cheese Whiz, Blue Cheese Steak Sandwich with the Works, Beef Wellington Recipes, Filet Mignon Recipes, Beef Bourguignon Recipes, Beef Recipes, Beef Stroganoff Recipes, London Broil Recipes