- 1 1/4 cups olive oil
- 4 fresh jalapeno peppers, coarsely chopped, stems, seeds and all
- 2 fresh poblano peppers, coarsely chopped, stems, seeds and all
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 turns freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
Combine all of the ingredients except the garlic in a saucepan over high heat. Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes. Stir in the garlic, remove from heat, and allow to cool to room temperature. When the mixture is cool, pour into the bowl of a food processor and pulse several times until smooth. Strain the sauce through a fine mesh strainer. Pour the sauce into a glass container and cover. Let sit for 7 days before using.