Pistachio-Orange Crusted Scallops
- 4 large scallops
- 1/2 cup pistachios, shelled, peeled, and chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped orange zest
- 1 teaspoon softened butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- For the Vinaigrette:
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh chervil
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped shallots
- Sprigs of chervil-garnish
Preheat oven to 400. In a bowl combine pistachios, orange zest, butter, salt, and pepper until it forms a paste. In an oven-proof skillet heat oil. Season scallops with salt and pepper and place in the skillet and sear until golden on one side. Then turn the scallops over and top the seared side with a mound of the nut paste. Place in the hot oven. Meanwhile, prepare the vinaigrette. Squeeze juice from the orange into a small bowl and mix in oil, shallots, chervil, salt and pepper. Remove scallops from the oven, place on a serving plate and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Garnish with chervil sprigs.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.