- 1 1/4 cups coarsely grated provolone
- 1 1/4 cups coarsely grated mozzarella
- 1 French baguette, about 20 inches long
- 1/2 cup Emeril's Kicked Up Tomato Sauce or your favorite red pasta sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Baby Bam, recipe follows
- 1/4 cup pepperoni slices (about 16 slices)
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan
- Crushed red pepper, optional
Position rack in center of oven and preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Combine the provolone and mozzarella cheeses in a small bowl.
Carefully cut the baguette into 4 (5-inch-long) sections.
Cut off the top third of the bread horizontally and reserve top for another use. Using your fingers, gently scoop out and discard some of the soft, inner part of the bread, leaving a 1-inch shell.
Spread the tomato sauce evenly among the bread shells, about 2 tablespoons for each sandwich, and sprinkle with the Baby Bam. Divide 2 cups of the cheese mixture among the 4 sandwiches and arrange the pepperoni slices evenly on top.
Place the sandwiches on a baking sheet and bake until the filling is heated through, about 20 minutes.
Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the baking sheet from the oven, sprinkle the sandwiches evenly with the remaining cheese mixture, and return to the oven. Bake until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the baking sheet from the oven and sprinkle each sandwich evenly with some of the Parmesan. If you like, you can sprinkle with crushed red pepper for a spicy Pizzazy Pizza Sandwich (a pinch should be just right).
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 3 tablespoons paprika
Place all the ingredients in a small mixing bowl and stir well to combine, using a wooden spoon. Then store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Yield: about 3/4 cup